Troop 747 Weekly Newsletter
Current Troop Events:
This weeks Troop Meeting
Board of Review sign up, Parker Canyon Prep, Troop Elections
Current Merit Badge
Personal Fitness Merit Badge: Please see Mr. Baker if you still need to finish parts of the merit badge.
Camping Merit Badge: Meeting Thursdays at 6:30. Bring your scout book. (Scouts record camping days in your book pg 444)
Monthly Camp Trip
Parker Canyon Family Camp-Canoeing MB
If you plan to fish at Parker Canyon new regs:
Boys 0 to 9yrs fish for free, no license.
10- 17yr $5 youth
18 +yrs $37
Purchase licenses at most Walmarts to fish.
Saturday evening meal arranged by Jim Gaul (smoked fowl). Families to provide all other meals for themselves.
Our advance coordinator, Sheri Schneider, will be out of town from September 9th through October 28th. Chris Durham will be coordinating the Boards of Review. Remember scouts must have their Boy Scout Handbook for reviews and dress in full class”A’s”. If your scout gets any merit badges completed during this time they may be handed into Chris or Jerry Schneider.
• Please sign up for Popcorn booth at Thursday’s meeting. Remember if your scout signs up for a booth and time slot, they must keep their commitment or find a replacement. Please contact Martha immediately if there are any changes
• All families must participate to support our troop
• Scouts kickoff your popcorn sales by selling Trail’s End online at sell.trails-end.com
Candy Bars: possible show n sell in Oct when weather is cooler.
Gaslight: Bring cash or check to purchase your Gaslight tickets, Henry Porter and the Sorcerer’s Secret
In preparation for recharter this fall we are getting a jump start on incomplete training. The people listed below will need to finish any training listed if planning on continuing in their current position:
Mary Altenbernd- Committee Member- WS10 Troop Committee Challenge-ELearning
Todd Warner Altenbernd Committee Member- WS10 Troop Committee Challenge-ELearning
Anita Irene Bell Committee Member- WS10 Troop Committee Challenge-ELearning
John Anthony Cable Committee Member- WS10 Troop Committee Challenge-ELearning
Ivan Collazo Assistant Scoutmaster- S11 Intro to Outdoor Leader Skills & S24 Scoutmaster/Assistant Specific Training
Donna Dean Diana Darnell Committee Member- WS10 Troop Committee Challenge-ELearning
Michael Karel Lindsey Committee Member- WS10 Troop Committee Challenge-ELearning
Zachary Michael Mathis Committee Member- WS10 Troop Committee Challenge-ELearning
Ernesto Godinez Velarde Committee Member- WS10 Troop Committee Challenge-ELearning
John Daniel Williams Committee Member- WS10 Troop Committee Challenge-ELearning
Kathleen Virginia Wingstrom Committee Member- WS10 Troop Committee Challenge-ELearning
Thank you to those uploading their photos to the Shutterfly website photo site. It is really filling up with photos of the most recent trips and Court of Honor. Great to see the photos and all the smiling faces. If you can’t connect to it or are not getting update emails, please feel free to email me at email@example.com
Upcoming Troop Dates:
· September 10 Board of Review and Troop elections
· September 11 – 13 Family Camp Parker Canyon Lake
· September 18 – 20 Order of the Arrow Fall Ordeal ( nominated scouts may attend, ask Mr. Schneider)
· September 17 Board of Review
· September 25, 2016 calendar will be started (contrary to 2015 schedule, it will be in draft form only)
Additional Scouting events that may be of interest:
• October 1, 8,and 22, 2015 Astronomy Merit Badge http://spanishtrailsdistrict.org/2015/07/28/astronomy-merit-badge
• Oct 16, 2015 – Stamp Collecting Merit Badge – http://spanishtrailsdistrict.org/2015/07/15/stamp-collecting-merit-badge.
• October 23-25 – Council Fall Camporee – http://www.catalinacouncil.org/outdoorprograms/activities/star-party/
• Oct. 31 Horsemanship Merit Badge -7 slots available for Horsemanship MB at Tanque Verde Guest Ranch. The date is Saturday October 31st 8am-2pm. The ranch is also offering to let you purchase lunch in their restaurant for $10.00 plus tax ($10.80) total, this is normally priced at $18.00, it is a buffet lunch. Scouts can still bring their lunch, but I need to know about the lunch option when you enroll so I can give them a count.
Information needed in email is: Scouts Name(s), Unit #, Lunch (Yes or No), Emergency Contact Phone Number
Stan Stachowiak Spanish Trails Advancement Chair firstname.lastname@example.org
• November 7th – Boy Scout Merit Badge Day – Bear Canyon Ward, 9541 E. Synder Rd.
• 2017 National Jamboree in West Virginia. The experience of a lifetime! Only 36 slots are available. Scouts must be first class and at least 12 but no older than 17 at the beginning of the Jamboree. http://www.catalinacouncil.org/outdoorprograms/activities/national-jamboree-2013/
Thanks to the members who attended the last Committee meeting, it was a humdinger.
Mud Run: (see sign up on Thurs to volunteer or click this link to save 10 percent and run with us! http://mudrac.es/KcW5Hzs)
Visit us: http://tucson747.com/
Photo sharing site: tucson747.shutterfly.com
Please submit all updates for the weekly newsletter by 6pm Sunday.
Yours in Scouting,
Troop 747 Committee Chair