Troop 747 Weekly Newsletter August 31 – September 8, 2015
Popcorn Sale Time: (see sign up on Thurs)
Martha Wysocki is our Kernel Captain
Thanks Martha and the seven participating families, the sales were strong this weekend at St Pious, Corpus Christie and the other booths. Remember if your scout signs up for a booth and time slot, they must keep their commitment or find a replacement. Please contact Martha immediately if there are any changes
September 3, 2015 Committee Meeting: fund raising, budget, etc. Please email me your questions a head of time, so we can research answers if necessary.
Personal Fitness Merit Badge: Please see Mr. Baker if you still need to finish parts of the merit badge.
Camping Merit Badge: Meeting Thursdays at 6:30. Bring your scout book. (Scouts record camping days in your book pg 444)
Medical Records: (see attachment below) please bring in your updated records
Gaslight: Bring cash or check to purchase your Gaslight tickets, Henry Porter and the Sorcerer’s Secret
Mud Run: (see sign up on Thurs to volunteer or click this link to save 10 percent and run with us! http://mudrac.es/KcW5Hzs)
Upcoming Troop Events:
- September 3 Troop and Committee meeting (wear class “A”) budget talk, patrols need menu and $10.00 (exact amount please) for grub master THIS THURSDAY
- September 10 Board of Review and Troop elections
- September 11 – 13 Family Camp Parker Canyon Lake
- September 18 – 20 Order of the Arrow Fall Ordeal ( nominated scouts may attend, ask Mr. Schneider)
- September 17 Board of Review
- September 25, 2016 calendar will be started (contrary to 2015 schedule, it will be in draft form only)
Additional Scouting events that may be of interest:
- October 1, 8,and 22, 2015 Astronomy Merit Badge http://spanishtrailsdistrict.org/2015/07/28/astronomy-merit-badge
- Oct 16, 2015 – Stamp Collecting Merit Badge – http://spanishtrailsdistrict.org/2015/07/15/stamp-collecting-merit-badge.
- October 23-25 – Council Fall Camporee – http://www.catalinacouncil.org/outdoorprograms/activities/star-party/
- November 7th – Boy Scout Merit Badge Day – Bear Canyon Ward, 9541 E. Synder Rd.
- 2017 National Jamboree in West Virginia. The experience of a lifetime! Only 36 slots are available. Scouts must be first class and at least 12 but no older than 17 at the beginning of the Jamboree. http://www.catalinacouncil.org/outdoorprograms/activities/national-jamboree-2013/
Time to renew Medical Records…
|Lukas Baker||Samual Hastings|
|Ian Bell (AB)||Michael Thurston (C)|
|John Maxwell (C)|
Find the forms here:
Fill out the form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or
print it off and hand deliver it to Kathryn Vega.
Let’s keep our Scouts safe.
Thank you Melissa for all your service to Troop 747. Thanks to Mr. Brown for organizing to First Aid and CPR class. Thanks to all the families who took the class. Thanks to the Thurston’s, Bergren’s and many others who contributed and organized the delicious Court of Honor BBQ.
Yours in Scouting,
Troop 747 Committee Chair